1) Marks and Spencer's double cream porridge... yes I know its full of fat and will probably kill me before my 40th birthday but I can think of few lovelier breakfasts. I like mine served with hot tea, pomegranates and maple syrup... Mmmmm nice!
2) My Video Ipod... I really could not live without this .. as of this moment mine contains over 1000 songs, 90 hours of audio books, audio files of me singing plus a whole feature length version of Dirty Dancing ('Nobody puts Baby in a corner'!) . I love it so much that when its predecessor died recently and the nice people at the Regent Street Apple store replaced it with my brand spanking new one no hassle at all, I could have kissed them and danced for joy down their scary glass steps... I don't love my in-ear apple head phones so much though - I think they were made for someone with tiny tiny ear holes as they pop out at the the merest hint of a head bob ....I nearly took out the eye of the lady sitting next to me on the bus recently when I got a bit over excited listening to Groove Armada ... the shame!
3) Nigel Slater ... well his books anyway.. particularly Real Food which is the only cook book that has ever earned me, a culinary simpleton, any gastronomic compliments. This book can help anyone pull together a hearty and tasty seasonal meal whether you are feeding 2 or a party of 12. His chicken with garlic, herbs and cream is quite frankly superb ... but then you would expect nothing less from a man who grew up in Worcester.
4) My Ravak Bath - I'm quite a long person by which I mean i'm 5ft 10 inches in fact in bare feet and this is the first bath I have ever owned that actually makes me feel fully submerged rather than just covering my nether regions in a small enamel dish with my legs dangling over the side... add foam and its absolutely bloody glorious!
5) Kurt Gieger High Heels - they are the only, and after comprehensive research I mean only high heels that are comfortable enough to dance, walk and even run in without inflicting severe pain. They also come in huge sizes which my size 8 feet are very thankful for.. no more contemplating little-toe amputation to squeeze on a pair of charming but wholly inappropriate foot crippling steel heeled numbers.. result all round I think.... by the way the rather slutty shoes featured bear no resemblance to my sexy but elegant pair.. but you get the idea...